Re: Anyone Switched Back from a Weber DGV to SUs?

To: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Subject: Re: Anyone Switched Back from a Weber DGV to SUs?
From: Kate & Gary Bales <kgb@clipper.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 06:30:49 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Robert,
My Midget has worn SUs her entire life.  I have had other cars with Webers and
am quite happy with the present arrangement.  They are simple to work on, get
good milage, and adequate performance.  Plus I was able to gloat a bit after
rescuing my ex one night and driving him back to Washington state after his car
broke down.  He had been downgrading my car for some time, and telling me I
should get something more reliable (like his Cadilac  - YUCK).  He called the
next day and told me his carburetor needed to be rebuilt - $800.00.  I was able
to smile sweetly and announce that I had just rebuilt BOTH of mine in twenty
minutes with $12.80 worth of parts.  To my great joy, he didn't call for
several months after that.
Kate