easy way to get your balls in

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, morris@autox.team.net
Subject: easy way to get your balls in
From: PVanWig@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 12:37:30 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
<< Replacing the balls/springs is the only 2 person job on the tranny. My
 wife is very good at it now. Or there is a service tool but I hold 2
 balls, she holds 1 and I push it into position. Not that hard.

I use a hose clamp just tight enough to move with a hole in it. Load the
spring and ball and hold down with a small screw driver then rotate the clamp.

I also have an old clutch center to hold with vice grips to hold the shaft's
with to tighten the nuts.

Paul Van Wig
Long Beach, CA
60 Bugeye