Plan of action

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Plan of action
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@workgroup.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:50:59 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Now that I know the car will run, here are the next steps I'm going to
take:

1)  I bought a compression tester, so compression testing comes first.
2)  Drain that gas (my poor lawn mower doesn't know what's coming to it)

3)  Cleaning of the tank, including steam and kerosene, an old-time LBC
mechanic's idea.
4)  Install a fuel filter
5)  Install the new thermostat (195)
6) If #1 finds any problems, I may just give up.  Not sure I want to
uncover a cracked head or burnt valve at this time, plus I'll get a bad
case of "while-I'm-at-it-itis" and will start replacing parts at random.

Assuming the compression is okay and I get the tank cleaned out, what
should I do next?  Does the DGV really need to be taken apart and
cleaned, or could I run some carb cleaner and see what happens?  I'm not
giving up on the radiator yet.

Thanks!

adrian

J. Adrian Barnes, MCP