Re: looking for a project

To: Wiedemeyer <boxweed@thebest.net>
Subject: Re: looking for a project
From: Rick <rickfisk@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 17:35:37 -0400
Cc: Kate & Gary Bales <kgb@clipper.net>, spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
IMHO you guys are being a little too hard on this guy.  He can't spell - so
what?  A lot of people with college degrees can't spell.  Too lazy to get on the
internet?  Last time I looked this list was on the internet.  Too lazy to pick
up the want ads?  He apparently is from mid-Michigan.  I moved to mid-Michigan
in May of 1992.  In the seven years I've lived here I have seen want ads for
exactly three "2-seat British cars".  They were piles of rust with a few useful
parts attached - too far gone to attempt restoration.  Finding a project car
here is extremely difficult as the cars originally sold here rusted away long
ago and were scrapped.  This is the land of ice and snow, and the road
maintenance crews use millions of tons of salt on our roads every winter to melt
all that ice and snow.  Give the guy a break, he wants to become one of us.

Rick
'59 Bugeye (brought it with me when I moved from California to Michigan)