Auto-arc Welders?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Auto-arc Welders?
From: Philip Hubbard <hubbard@idir.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 16:56:38 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
The search for a welder continues.  Had narrowed it down to Millermatic 130
and Lincoln SP-125plus.  Best prices locally are $492 and $556
respectively.  Today I found an ad in the classifieds for an Auto-arc
110volt MIG by Miller for $325.  I left a message for him and am waiting to
hear back, but I thought I'd ask if anyone knew anything about the Auto-arc
brand?

It appears to be the discount brand for Miller which makes me think it
would be a decent welder.  Of course, I wouldn't get a warranty with a used
unit like this, but $175 cheaper might make it worth the chance.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,
Philip
1974 Damask Red Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos
1973 Damask Red Midget - Project car
1960 BRG Bugeye Sprite - First up for restoration