Update on chauffeur

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Update on chauffeur
From: Leigh Ellen Johnson <L.Johnson@mailbox.gu.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 11:25:16 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I gotta tell you about dropping Rory off to his formal on Friday night - he
had the biggest grin the whole way into the Heritage.  Drive in to said
ritzy establishment, young attendant comes to open the car door for
Rory...then looks real confused!  (It's a MkII)  Rory lets himself out, and
another guy with a professional video camera races over to shoot the car -
tells Rory to get back in so he can film him getting out.  The attendant
comes round to my side of the car, leans down and whispers "This is a
fantastic car!"  I smile, thank him, and drive away leaving my charge to
have a great night.  Which he did - his mum reports he came home at 3am
after having had a ball, and all his friends raved about the car.  The
girls did comment that getting out of the car in a formal dress would have
been a bit difficult  :)

Checked out the running problems on Saturday.  Replaced the points, checked
the plugs, cleaned the distributor cap etc.  Saturday she runs like a
dream, this morning (after a rainy night) she's starting to miss again,
though not as bad as before I worked on her.  I think I need to check the
points again, and I'll try the suggestions sent through.  Let you know how
I go.

Cheers
Leigh Ellen