disk brakes-conclusion

To: list@papillon.its.yale.edu
Subject: disk brakes-conclusion
From: Craig P Carter <craig@papillon.its.yale.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 09:04:31 GMT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Thanks to all who responded Saturday. I gather from the responses that friction
in the front disks is normal. The disks are not new, but the rear shoes are,
and I was in the process of installing the clutch brake master cylinders when
it occurred to me to ask the question. Anyway, much thanks.
I'd like to re-carpet the interior soon, and thought it would be a good idea to
stop the brake fluid that dripped from the pedal box onto my feet prior to
doing so. (Probably a wise idea to stop leaking brake fluid anywa!) So, I
rebuilt the brake master and purchased new clutch master (first attempted to
rebuild, but found scoring in the barrel) I completely flushed lines and filled
and bled with the Castrol fluid. This took a while and I think it could use
another bleeding, but I finally got the car off the stands and out on the road
yesterday afternoon,(after treating myself to a cold bottle of beer - Old
Speckled Hen, of course).

Cruising nicely along at around 40mph, the car suddenly "missed" - just once,
but enough to cause concern because it felt for that brief moment like its
heart had stopped. Then, all was fine. What the heck was that, I wonder? I'm
trying to build enough confidence in this thing to do a weekend jaunt. Will
that day ever come?

Craig
74 Midget