Distributor refitting question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Distributor refitting question
From: AHSprite78@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 13:45:48 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ok here's what's happening... rebuilt the engine last winter, when I went to
put the distributor back in it wouldn't line up right and would fit 180
degrees off.  Finally I got it to go in the correct way, man what I pain.
Well, now i've decided to go with an electronic ignition and managed to drop
a screw into the distributor.  So, unfortunately, I was forced to take the
distributor out of the car once again.  Now, it won't go back in.  Same thing
as last time, it slides right into the slots but 180 degrees off.  What's
goin on here???  After much fiddling the result has been me standing there
trying to keep myself from just beating it with a hammer.  Any help would be
much appreciated.

Matthew Smith
'67 Sprite