Re: motor I.D.

To: "Brian Evans" <brian@uunet.ca>
Subject: Re: motor I.D.
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 08:32:39 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Brian,

There was the "Works"... which was the Donald Healey Motor Co.'s racing
efforts. They did Sebring, LeMans, Bonneville.

The BMC Competition Dept. prepared all the cars for rallyes. I'm not sure if
the BMC effort used the XSP designation... I suspect not.

I think a motor marked XSP refers to the Experimental Shop, headed up by
Roger Menadue, with Geoff Healey as the Chief Engineer, working for Donald
Healey.

WST
Flounder
Team Thicko