Re: Water Temp Gauge Broke

To: Lancer7676@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Water Temp Gauge Broke
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 20:14:41 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 08/04/1999 7:03:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Lancer7676
writes:

<< Cant you stick the working end (the radiator end) in a pot of boiling
water and see if the temp guage rises to 212 degrees to tell whether the cap
tube has been evaced?  >>

Not if you are buying it by mail order or off of someone on the list who is
across the country.  And when I go to a flea market I don't carry a bucket of
boiling water.  It's just not possible to be sure until you have it in your
shop.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport