points

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: points
From: Steven Fooshee <fooshst@stumail.gc.cc.fl.us>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 17:17:13 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Greetings list. I just replaced the points on my Sprite, and can't get
the car to fire. It ran (poorly, due to no gap in the points) and now
won't. Argh. Can someone give me an accurate list of the components
under the bolt where the spring is? I remember flubbing this up when I
replaced them last time and it running when I put the rubber bit back
between the wire to the plate and the one to the condenser. I'm not the
biggest whiz on points ignition, so please type slowly! TIA.
--

1987 RX-7 TII: Japanese version of British electrics.
1990 GS 500-E: Japanese version of British corrosion control.