Fuel Tank Sealers - are they good?

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Tank Sealers - are they good?
From: "Doug Ingram" <dougi@home.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 23:02:21 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I've narrowed my fuel gauge problem down to a faulty sending unit, so after
the summer driving season is over, I'll pull the tank and repair or replace
the unit. Meanwhile, a close watch on the trip odo, reset with each fill,
will keep me from running dry. I hope!!

In the spirit of "what else should I do while I'm there", I'm thinking of
sealing the inside of the tank using one of the kits, such as available from
Eastwood. It involves a cleaner, a surface etcher, and a sealer. All sounds
good in the catalog. Does anyone have any experience with these? Especially
longer term experience? The major concern I have is that the sealer which
"forms a tough, elastic barrier" might come off in small or large pieces,
causing horror in the fuel system.

Any thoughts, comments, advice would be appreciated.

Doug Ingram
Victoria BC
1958 Frogeye
AN5L/636