Re: 1275 timing and Dellorto sidedraft

To: Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM, dpc@ai.mit.edu
Subject: Re: 1275 timing and Dellorto sidedraft
From: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:26:11 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
David,

Thanks.
Currently my advance is set at ~20 degrees at 1000 rpm, and I'm not getting any
pinging at all even when driving up a hill in fourth. So what this tells me, is
that I should probably try advancing it further, until I begin to experience
pinging, and then back off slightly. I'm using the my orginal distributor, with
the only modification being the Ignitor electronic ignition, and  I still need
to hook up the vacuum advance.
This gives me a good place to start from

Regards - Bryan