Re: 5 speed queries?

To: derfman@eatel.net
Subject: Re: 5 speed queries?
From: Paul A Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 17:00:34 EDT
Cc: millerls@ado13.com, PAsgeirsson@juno.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Derf,

I've been selling and installing the Datsun tranny conversion for the
Morris for almost 20 years now.  It's a complete package and a bullet
proof set up.  I've also sold a number for the Spridgets but I haven't
yet put it all together in a complete kit.  That will be ready very soon.
 There are some diferences between my kit and the Rivergate, but the
clutch part is important.  It also requires less tinkering with and uses
your present slave cyl.

The stock 1275 flywheel has a step on it, but it isn't the right diameter
for the Datsun clutch.  So I normally just face off the flywheel flat and
redrill and tap new holes.  This is just fine for a stock or slightly
warmed up 1275.  But for a 1380 or one of the very high horsepower
engines, I put a step back on the flywheel, the correct diameter for the
Datsun clutch, to get a greater pinch on the clutch disc.

Hope this clears it up.

Paul Asgeirsson
9123 N Clarendon Ave
Portland OR 97203-2750