Re: Bugeye horn and clutch roller bearing

To: rcbrown@lucent.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye horn and clutch roller bearing
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 15:25:44 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 8/18/99 2:42:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rcbrown@lucent.com writes:

<< Allen,
 An excellent explanation for the connection of the ground wire and
 the head gasket, but I missed how the clutch horn roller bearing
 were shared. >>

I'll take a stab at this one.  Please feel free to correct me if I'm right.

The horn and clutch roller bearing is a shared device that reduces friction
when both the horn press and the clutch pedal are activated simultaneously,
as when a pedestrian wanders into your path and an accident is impending.  In
older designs there were separate bearings for both the horn press and the
hydraulic clutch, but after British Leyland took over all things automotive
in Great Britain, this was seen as a cost saving measure in a vain attempt to
save the industry.

Did I get it right?  I can see by the look on your faces that some of you are
completely confused by the miscellaneous musings of my deranged mind.
Please, Frank, don't go looking for a horn and clutch roller bearing.  All
those suppliers who didn't have clutch fluid will wonder where you have been
all these years.

Allen Hefner (I used to know what I was talking about)
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport