Removing the head

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Removing the head
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 21:25:31 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
After destroying my hands getting the two bolts off from
below the intake manifold, I managed to get the head off
tonight.  I am confused about what actually happened the
other day.  The gasket was dry, the tops of the pistons were
dry (a bit carboned up though) and the spark plugs were
dry.  Where'd all the oil come from?  I dunno.  But I'm that
much closer to getting the engine out at least.  By the way,
the 1/4 and 2/3 pistons were still even, so I'm sure a rod
wasn't thrown.  That, and there's no hole in the block  :-)

adrian
'75 Midget coming apart
'75 Midget very apart

--