Tyres - For purists and those of us who wish we could afford to be

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Tyres - For purists and those of us who wish we could afford to be
From: Martyn Ridley <ridleymj@bis.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 22:23:20 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Now I know that somebody out there will tell you where to get the original
bias ply tyres that the Spite arrived on.  But not me - I like to drive my
car (if I ever get it back together).

My earlier comment was that the most original drivable tyre out there is
the Michelin X but it is rather pricy.  I have therfore opted for the 'less
expensive' Dunlop SP40.

The difference between less expensive and cheap may have escaped some of
you jokers.  My point was that you can save some money buy purchasing
modern equivelents without resorting to discount brands etc. but that if
you want period tyres, you can get them.

And yes, I too have put many miles on Dunlops.

Cheers,
Martyn
The Journey, not the destination, becomes a source of wonder.
         (Loreena McKennitt - liner notes - 'The Book of Secrets')