Re: Cool LBC

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@htcomp.net>
Subject: Re: Cool LBC
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 06:15:57 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Andy Webster <trunkie@hotmail.com>, spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
That is definitely believable.  When I did a study for
the Feds on ozone depletion, the DuPont had agreed to
stop R-12 production a year earlier than required as a
show of good faith (1995).  When I called Dupont to
get some R12 for a test, I was grilled for my
"credentials."  It turned out the gov't had asked
Dupont to keep the production line open make 400
million pounds of it for export due to the high taxes
collected on it.  Seems fair that we all had to pay
$35 a pound while the administrators filled a
budgetary deficit through forced production.