Bonneville Report

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bonneville Report
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 09:04:21 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
What an Experience....

The Camaro had been running great and we got 5 good Tune up passes which
netted us a best speed of 198mph... then the Timing Belt assembly parted
company and the Valves French Kissed the Pistons... So Long Motor....   So
we changed to the Back up Motor and ran for a couple more days... but the
Real chance at a record was gone....

 Got to meet and hang out with Doug Odom... the Fella with the Bugeye....
He got his Driver (Gail Phillips) in the Two Hundred Mile Per hour Club in
His Sprite... He and I had planned on Trying my motor in his Sprite if it
held together... Oh well nice thought eh?  We also became good Friends and
shared Pit stalls... He couldn't figure out why I was so enthralled with
that damn Bugeye... and he still didn't go faster then Donald Healey...
Doug's record is at 202Mph  Leaving it open for next year I suppose

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )