Re: muffler recomendation

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, AHSprite78@aol.com
Subject: Re: muffler recomendation
From: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:57:59 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I guess, I having a hard time picturing where your monza muffler was supposed
mount??? did it follow the standard 'single can' route, and exit the back on
the
drivers side (lhd),  or cross over to the right side??
I would assume (correct me if I'm wrong) that the panhard rod, would not
interfere with a 'single can' system. How did the panhard rod mount to the
axle?? It seems that it would attach to the rt side, so not to interfere with
the exhaust system.

I custom fitted the RC-40 2-can system to my bugeye. It was relatively
inexpensive $120, considering it came with all the pipes pre-bent for a mini,
it
was painted silver, and the tailpipe is nicely chromed. I took it to a muffer
shop, and had them change it to my specifications for my car, being carful to
maintain the original distance between the two cans, and I mounted it myself.
know that maniflow also makes a complete system for the sprite, but it is much
uglier than the RC-40, and much more expensive. According to the David Vizzard
book, nothing he's tested comes even close to the RC-40 when it come to flow,
and it's just as quite as the 'stock' muffler.

Bryan Vandiver (59-bugeye)
San Jose, CA