Re: front end work: LONG

To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: front end work: LONG
From: Carolyn/Rick <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 22:29:22 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Jeff,

Well, I would say the time is right for a rebuild on the front end.  If you
want to swap to disk wheels, now is the time.

The only thing that is slightly expensive it the King pins.  They have to be
reamed with the right tool to fit and get aligned properly.  It is like a line
bore on the cam bearings.  The other part is cheap.

One warning, Be careful of fully charged springs, they can and have broken
peoples various body parts.  If you hang the front end, I then use the jack
under the spring pan while I loosen the upper bolt.  Then gently lower the pan
and release the tension.

An option is to purchase a spring compressor from some where.

Soapy water works good to insert the bushings.

Rick

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby