The Bishop

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Bishop
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 20:28:41 -0500
Cc: "Team Thicko Mail List" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
All the talk on the Spridget list out naming your cars has prompted me to
try and dig out "the Bishop"...

http://www.thicko.com/bishop.htm

maybe get it ready in time for the VSCDA Vintage Fall Festival at Road
America, September 24-26.

 http://www.vscda.org/sched.htm#sep

When I had the Bishop out for its first race season in 32 years, it ran
flawlessly for 10 reace weekends... and only when I went to pull it on the
trailer after the Midwest Council Long Race Weekend in October, did it fail.
I hear a clattering sound, and the oil pressure died. I suspect that the oil
pump drive failed. If I remember right, when I rebuilt the motor, I used the
original pump, since the new one I'd purchased was real crap.

Anyway, if all goes well, I hope to pull the motor, fix the pump, and
barring any unforseen problems (like that never happens) have that puppy up
at Elkhart.

If you haven't seen the car, its really a time capsule example... and while
it may have been the fastest Bugeye at Wilmot, Meadowdale, and State Fair
park in 1961, it is way slow compared to the Red Rat Bastard. I think the
spec on the Stage V Tuning was 57hp vs. the stock 43hp...essentilly the sale
motor the Works ran in 59 at Sebring. The car did not run the disk brake
option... so adjustment of the drum brakes for racing is really critical.

Since it has both seats in it, I invite you all (if I get it back on the
road) to come by Thicko Village for the track touring sessions and get a
ride.

WST
Flounder
team Thicko