Re: that fate thing

To: cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: that fate thing
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 17:04:31 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
cfchrist@earthlink.net writes:

<< car shows are the same thing and so is racing.
 in a  sleeping society how do you wake someone up? >>

Exactly the way you are suggesting.  One person at a time, and don't expect
overnight results.  A call to arms to other enthusiasts to do the same will
help.  There are an incredible number of car shows every year in all parts of
the country.  I can't begin to go to all the shows for just British cars
within 100 miles of Philly, and there are plenty of other marques out there
that also have a good following.

The clubs that put on the shows have to advertise to a larger audience than
just their own group.  There was no mention of the New Hope Auto Show in
British Car magazine, and I counted over 70 LBCs on Saturday.  Did you know
there was a big show that same weekend in Coopersburg, put on by the Mustang
Club?  I drove up to Coopersburg after I left New Hope to see if they had put
up a sign.  They had and the show was the next day.  I saw no advertising, I
just remembered the show from last year.

Now I'm on your burning soap box!

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport