top fasteners , various!!!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: top fasteners , various!!!
From: "cfchrist" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 07:57:03 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
if i recall right , when i shoped for the body mounted studs for my bugeye i
was offered a variety of types and unusual shapes.   i had taken the old
ones with me in a plastic bag and went flea marketing.   i ended up at
import carlisle getting a lesson in lots of types.  it wasnt just the type
of mounting styles but also shapes and diameter of the studs.   it was a
foregin car restoration shop's stand  and they  pretty well knew what they
were talikng about.  i was shown the diffrence and there was quite a
selection!   is it possible you have the incorrect stud for the snap?  or do
you need to replace the corner snaps as the little springs may have gone
bad?   you can remove and replace the "lift at the dot" type of fastners
with no special tools.  use screwdriver to pry up the lock tabs on back of
fastner (screwdriver and a good pair of pliers) use a paint stick broken
into 2 appx. 1" square pieces to sandwich the snap for final crimping of the
locking tabs on the back....compressing with the pliers to seat the lock
tabs on the back.   hope this might be of assistance?

chuck.
hey! what plannet is this?
yawnnnnn.