waster temp guage

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: waster temp guage
From: BCAH@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 17:48:41 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I am still researching the "948-to-1275" switch for my Bugeye. As I
understand it,  the mech water temp bulb (which normally screws into the
radiator) just simply screws into the engine cyl head. Is this true? Someone
said there was an adaptor involved to do this,-----11K2846--------as the bulb
itself was too long. Am I on the right track? If I did this , what blocks up
the new hole in the radiator?  Of course, an old bulb from the trash bin
would work,----but what thread bolt would be used to plug the hole? Somehow I
get a feeling you can not just go down to the hardware store and buy a brass
plug fitting. There was thread some time ago about British screwthreads
being different from USA stuff . The difference being very small.  I think
this is why why people are just forcing stuff together and getting away with
it. What do you people think?  Bob C