Re: wheel bolt pattern

To: "derfman" <derfman@eatel.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wheel bolt pattern
From: "George Procyshyn" <geopro@cyberdrive.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 22:57:25 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Derf
I think you got the question wrong.  Wanted to know what a
13" wheel with 4 1/2" bolt hole centers would fit.       I
know the 4" bolt hole pattern fits Sprite/Midget/Vega/etc.
George

Subject: wheel bolt pattern
> Hi,
> >From my 1987 Hot Rod Yearbook, the "Rolling Stock"
article:

> 4 X 4":  AH Sprite, Buick Skyhawk 75-81, Chevy Vega 71-81,
Jensen
> Healey, Pontiac Sunbird 76-81 Astre 75-77
>
> 4 X 4.250" or 4 X 108MM (same thing):  Audi Quattro 84-85,
Ford Fairmont
> Mustang Tbird Pinto Fiesta Escort some through 86 or so.
>
> I can list more, if you need.
>
> Are you thinking of drilling your hubs?  I thought about
it until I
> found some alloy wheels.  To get the extra 1/4" you would
only have to
> move the bolt holes 1/8" and if you're also installing
larger studs you
> can probably get away with the swap.  If you can offset
drill for 1/2"
> studs correctly, you should end up with 4 X 4.250".
Someone correct me
> here if I'm incorrect. Similar swaps are discussed in the
"Rolling
> Stock" article, but for hot rods, mostly.  If anyone tries
this, please
> let me know how it turns out.  It seems as though you can
do this and go
> with some nice alloy 14" wheels and 185 60s and get the
same rolling