Coming out of lurk mode- parts quality

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Coming out of lurk mode- parts quality
From: "Mike Ellsworth" <mikeells@shianet.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 10:18:20 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Listers,

I'm a long time reader,but a seldom writer to the list. I have a 71 Midget
currently undergoing restoration on blocks in my garage. I have had a
pretty busy summer (who out there hasn't), and didn't make near the
progress on it I
had hoped to. My home remodeling project is drawing to an end, and I hope
to get a couple productive months work on it before the weather turns cold.
I'm ready to order body parts, such as  rockers, rear wheel arch
patches, and the outer trunk floor wings. I'd like your input, positive or
negative on suppliers of these parts. I'm more interested in quality and
fit than price, having experienced trying to wrestle poorly made sheet
metal into place a time or two before. Do most of these parts all come from
the same stampings, or is there much difference from one supplier to
another?

                                Thanks,
                                Mike Ellsworth
                                71 Midget