what do I have?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: what do I have?
From: BCAH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 01:00:34 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
OK ,----------  so things are a little slow in the garage and  I just have to
find problems even if there are none. Keep in mind that I built up my Bugeye
from a pile of parts ,so anything is possible. By measurement, I believe I
have a true wire wheel axle housing and not just a pressed wheel housing with
wire wheel axle shafts inserted.This is good. Now, what I have for rear brake
cyl  is a single piston type which slides somewhat in the rear carrier .
This I adjust with a screw driver from the outside of the wheel through a
hole in the drum . As I understand it , later models had a dual piston type
which was adjusted from the inside ( as in under the car] with a square
wrench. At a car show I just attended, I was told that the fact that I
adjusted the rear brakes with a screw driver proved that I actually had a
pressed wheel axle and not a wire wheel axle. Did early wire wheel Spridgets
have the single acting rear brake cyl?  Any thoughts out there? If there are
no problems , I can certainly find something to worry about can't I.