Re: philly beer (delurking, btw) No LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: philly beer (delurking, btw) No LBC
From: Dwgwater@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 10:40:57 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/15/99 6:33:33 PM Central Daylight Time,
toyman@htcomp.net writes:

> Well, if your gonna discuss Schaefer, don't forget its cousin Buckhorn
>  Brad
A true blast from long ago...$5.50 a case of returnable bottles.  Always felt
like the antlers were inside my head in the morning.  Lordy that was awful
beer.   Hauenstein was another...... I thought this and some of the other
brews came from Minnesota......  A friend spent a summer pounding bungs in
the Schmidt brewrey in St. Paul, and after that experience, always lifted the
kegs before paying for them.  Seems the brewrey employees sampled the product
on the job and bungs were frequently pounded regardless of whether the keg
was full.

Dave