Re: Gas tank question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas tank question
From: andi payn <payn@null.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 13:37:15 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Me:
>>> And yet at other gas stations, I can pump with no
>>> problems--I start
>>>  pumping, push the lock lever in, walk away, come
>>> back, and it's stopped at
>>>  exactly the right time.

Allen Hefner:
>> If this only happens at one gas station, there is
>> nothing wrong with your
>> car!  It seems to me that the station has pumps that
>> are set too high.  If
>> you must go to that station, just pull the pump
>> handle a little, and very
>> slowly.  That should stop the high pressure
>> splashback.

It's not just one gas station, it's about one out of every three that I
try. I'll have to experiment to see if the problem is just that the pumps
are too high--if so, I can predict which ones will work and take that into
account when choosing stations. Or I could just jack the car up every time
I want to fill it...

Ron Soave:
>See the Lotus list - there is actually a section in
>the FAQ file about this problem.

OK, where do I find the URL for the list's FAQ? If you don't have it off
hand, I can probably find it....

Thanks for the help

Andy Payn
'76 Midget