Re: Sprite hardtop from metro??

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, tzuchow@ibm.net
Subject: Re: Sprite hardtop from metro??
From: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 16:29:55 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Tom,

The metro isn't history yet, I'm just checking for 'possibilities'. I know of a
few 'totaled'
metros that still have there tops intact, so even if I was to do it, it would
probably be from
another car. The body I saw last night, while it didn't look like it had any
sever rot, had been
completly stripped of paint several years ago, and is now completely surface
rusted. I also noted
that it uses the same ignition switch as a bugeye, and some of the same knobs.
I couldn't see too
much else, since the car was filled with scrap lumber and buried in weeds.

If a hardtop could be easily made, it might be a nice option for some of us
with more time than
money...

 - Bryan