Re: One eyed sprite!

To: Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM, walters@mail.softcom.net
Subject: Re: One eyed sprite!
From: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 17:07:47 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Thanks for the sympathy...

I went to the shop at lunch, and it's looking like it will cost 1500-2000 to
fix. The body guy
pointed out alot of things that I didn't even see at first, including the fact
that the top of my
radiator tank had buckled upward, putting a dent in the bonnet from the inside.
also the top of the
inside rt fender had a buckle in it, as well as some damage below the grill.

What a day!

 - Bryan

>To: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@eng.sun.com>
>CC: spridgets@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: One eyed sprite!
>
>Hi Bryan,
>
>Ouch,  Sorry to hear that.  Hope he had insurance.  Most of the parts are
>available.  Keep your
chin
>up, at least you got to drive it for a couple of tanks full.   Man that would
>burn me up, but I
guess
>what can you say.
>
>Sorry
>
>Rick
>
>Bryan Vandiver wrote:
>
>> Well,  I decided to drive my freshly restored bugeye to work this morning.
>It's been really fun
>> drive, especially now that I've worked most the bugs out. So far I've only
>gone through two
tanks
>> of gas.
>> So I strap the child seat in the car to take my oldest son to daycare (Tyler
>- almost 3). He
loves
>> riding in the car with me, and has a fit, unless he's with 'daddy'. In any
>case all goes well,
the
>> car is running and driving great, and Tyler's having a great morning. I take
>him into the
daycare
>> center, they have the Shania Twain CD on (Tyler's favorite) so we do some
>dancing (he loves to
>> dance to all music), and I leave with both of us in a great mood. I walk out
>to the parking lot,
>> and some guy in a large pickup has just finished backing into the front of
>my car!! Took out the
RT