Re: turbo anyone?

To: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>, "derfman" <derfman@eatel.net>, "Bryan Vandiver" <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: turbo anyone?
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:21:16 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
you realize this thought is trouble.... up front   .... Okay guys.... I
want to build a bugeye so bad I can taste it.... and I want it to go really
really fast... not 203mph  that was a record along time ago....

the Camaro has been a blast and I look forward to sorting out the new
engine and turbo's in the Camaro... hell I already know it can go straight
and fast ... so the motor combo is just stuff to sort out....

But the Bugeye deal isn't happening as fast as I would like..... If a
couple of you are serious... I will build a bugeye for the effort and make
sure it passes tech... I don't care if it is in Stock body form or not...
the Rules allow for a 130" wheel base and it is my intent to run it like
that.... with the big motor  but a bugeye with a Judson and 948cc motor
would in fact set a record....  We could enter it with a spridget list
name.... and have a ball....

What I need to start with is a better body.... my wifes bugeye is a 63,000
mile original car... and I don't want to mess it up.. (see there is a bit
of concours in me... not much but some)  so I need a better body shell then
the one I have....

anybody out there got one that isn't pure wasted.... I can do body work and
don't much care if the fender beading is gone... so on and so forth.. the
whole floor pan can be junk so long as the basic shell is in tact..... and
not going to cost more then a good one to fix.... I hate the thought of
killing a restorable bugeye.... I really don't want to do that... but if
you have a candidate and your semi near the south ... let me know...
 Keith  (why yes I think I have finally lost it... now to figure out what I
am missing)

Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>; spridgets@autox.team.net