Re: Car show judging, now OE tools

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Car show judging, now OE tools
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 09:53:21 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

>Charles, I will answer as best I can your question. I read the entire
thread and
>so far have not seen an answer for you. I am using the Original Sprite
Midget as
>a guide and it does not show a picture of the kit for a '74,however it does
show
>one for the Midget MkII which includes the jack, lug wrench and jack
ratchet. It
>also shows a grease gun, a spark plug removal tool and I think some feeler
>gauges. The picture is on page 84, what your car came with is kit # AKF
1596.I
>hope this helps     Brad

What a coincidence... I actually need those things.  I'll probably bide my
time looking for a jack (I have many other things on which to spend $150
right now) but I do need to pick up a grease gun and a sparkplug turner.
Feeler guages too.  Any ideas where I could get the originals?  (Affordably
of course...)

One the subject of the jack, I've been using a traditional "scissor" jack to
elevate the car.  I place it directly below the jacking point hole, on the
crossmember, but this isn't quite good enough for the rear axle.  I usually
call my wife over to lift the car an additional inch or so in order to refit
the rear wheel.  Is there anywhere near the rear of the body where it is
safe to place the jack?

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget