R&R Catalist & Manifold Question

To: "Spridget Mail List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: R&R Catalist & Manifold Question
From: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 07:45:22 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
OK, enough about new fangled S2000's that I can't afford, and can't work on.
As you all may remember, I recently aquired a 78 Midget.  Catastrophic
Meltdown was the diagnosis.  Well, I got her running the other day, and the
exhaust leaks at the cat, the intake manifold leaks, both carb gaskets leak,
and the choke appears to stick part way on (idles at 2000 rpm).  Tomorrow, I
plan to remove above mentioned parts and replace all gaskets.  My
experiences have been with the older cars, and usual solution, was bolt on a
weber and header.  The question is, how do you get at the bolts on the
bottom of the manifolds, or what order should these parts be removed and
replaced?  Any tricks of the trade?  It has to stay origional enough to pass
California Smog.
David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget