Followup: Another spridget hit!

To: Lancer7676@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Followup: Another spridget hit!
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 18:35:59 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hey, I resemble that remark!

Actually, just got off the phone with her because I promised her that I
would call as soon as I got an estimate. Wow was she upset.  I have to
agree that the cost of bodywork is always surprising, but I'm really
getting tired of this woman yelling at me. I am officially out of 'nice
guy' mode. She now claims that she was looking down, fiddling with her
radio when this happened. It just gets better and better.  Why would a sane
person with more than two neurons firing give up such juicy info? She now
claims that she has insurance, we'll see.

Bottom line to spridgeteers: No matter how minor the bump and no matter how
silly you feel, if you have a mishap, call the police and get a report
written up. I cannot believe how expensive this is going to be ($678), but
the plinth was pushed in, there is damage to the entire rear piece (it's
very obvious behind the license tag), the trunk lid does not fit right, and
the handle doesn't work smoothly anymore. And this was just a light bump!

Jeff
---
On 9/23/99, Lancer7676@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 9/23/99 8:08:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>jboatri@emory.edu writes:
>
><< Anyway, lady pulls up behind me at a light IN AN SUV (several IQ points
> lost right there), stops, then rolls into me while digging for a ciggy-poo
> in her purse (double loss of IQ points for smoking and hitting me - at
> least she wasn't also on the cell phone) >>
>
>But was she blonde???  Maybe she didnt have any IQ points to give!!!
>
>----David C.

Jeff Boatright    __o_\__           '65 Austin-Healey Sprite
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/sprite/sprite.html