Speaking of Elkhart Lake

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Speaking of Elkhart Lake
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 21:33:03 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
All,
Frank and I made our way up to Elkhart today, Frank in
Pieces, me in the BGT (I had one of the little ones
with me and needed the heat in the a.m.).  Another
great day.  The cars just put you on overload, and the
hospitality of the Thickos can't be beat (NOTE TO WST
- you made Bobby's day.  You probably couldn't here
him yelling "HI FLOUNDER!" everytime you went thru
turn 5, but he was screaming his butt off for you and
Gary.  I think he is sleeping with his Austin Healey
shades on).  Gary was gracious enough to take Frank,
Peter, and me out for touring laps at noon.  If we
weren't at 90+ mph pulling 1+ g's on the turns, it
sure felt like.  And can Gary drive - smooth and fast.
 And Flounder?  I was timing him and he was (sorry
Gar) even a little faster than Gary by a couple of
seconds.  The track was pretty, the brats were good,
and we got to meet Greg Schultz briefly and see Bob
Brown again.  One of the days highlights was seeing
Dave Woerpel again and his newly finished concours
Bugeye that HE DROVE TO THE TRACK.  It is really
beautiful, all the more so with a layer of Road
America dust on it.

We will not be attending tomorrow unfortunately, but a
great time was had by all.

Drive it like you stole it,
Ron
Frank