Re: Road America long reply

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>, "Jeff Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: Road America long reply
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 05:25:43 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Loved the Post... and honestly I think it was a great weekend for British
cars... all of us seemed to have a great time.... doing our own thing...
and this damn List seemed to bring a few of us closer together....(neat
stuff)

Keith (who likes going sideways through the timing lights at Two bills...
hmmm)

----------
> From: Peter C. <nosimport@mailbag.com>
> To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
> Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net; team-thicko@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Road America long reply
> Date: Monday, September 27, 1999 12:39 PM
>
> At your requests....
>       A truly beautiful fall day Saturday, a Chamber of Commerce day. Made
more
> beautiful not by the chirping of birds, but rather that of tires leaving
> the pits, or climbing the hill after turn 5. The smell of autumn
comingling
> with the sweet castor bean smoke and the brat grills. My senses were
> overwhelmed by the sight of the variety of cars... Volvo Amazons, Renault
> Alpines, Saab Sonetts, MGs, Healeys, Triumphs, modern and very vintage
both
> in the paddock and the park. Oustanding. And the sounds of heavy iron
> rumbling past throbbing at my chest and high reving screamers tearing at
my
> ears, and all the octaves in between was exhilerating. I had my 10 year
old
> daughter with me. It was her first race and mine for a very long time.
She