Re: less messy coolant draining.

To: gottstein@erols.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: less messy coolant draining.
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:28:41 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/27/99 3:49:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gottstein@erols.com writes:

<<   It looks like I will have to remove my radiator, AGAIN!  I have a 1500
 engine, and the only way I know to drain the radiator is to pull off the
 bottom hose.  This splashes coolant all over the place.  Is there a less
 messy way to do this?  Is there a way to install a draining valve? >>

Poke a hole in the bottom hose.  Then you can use that wonderful tool called
Duct Tape to seal it later!

Actually, you can probably take it to a radiator shop and they can braze a
fitting in it at the proper location.  Most radiator shops are great at that
kind of work.  Just make sure there are no shrouds or body parts in the way.
Look for a good location on the radiator before you remove it.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport