Re: Exhaust Question

To: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>, millerls@ado13.com
Subject: Re: Exhaust Question
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:20:55 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Andy,

If you want "more volume" but don't want it to sound like no muffler at at,
use a Flowmaster. It's a chambered low restriction muffler. I think it has
uses noise canceling design, but you will be pleased with the tone and they
claim it increases HP also. Fits nicely at the end of the exhaust pipe
without protruding out the back of the car.
Summit Racing carries them.  http://www.summitracing.com/index.htm

Gerard

At 8:28 AM +0000 9/28/99, Andy Webster wrote:
>Howdy Larry.
>I just rebuilt my 1100 (MkII sprite) and now I want to get it sounding
>right.
>I have aset of 'PERRY' 3 into 1 headers with fairly short ~15" primaries and
>a failry skinny tailpipe with a big oval shaped muffler.
>It dosent sound much like the sportscar it should.
>Q. What is a glasspack?
>Should I switch to LCB headers?
>I don't mind if the car is loud, so is it detrimental at all to run a
>muffler-less exhaust..perhaps a silencer with the guts removed or do you
>need (the right) baffling to get the desired note?
>Any advice appreciated.
>I gotta get it sounding good as they're about to open  a 2 mile tunnel here
>in melbourne and I want to make beautiful musics.
>Andy

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com