Re: Spridget shoes

To: Tomsjetta@aol.com
Subject: Re: Spridget shoes
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 01:23:11 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Tomsjetta@aol.com wrote:
> I have owned the car for almost two
> months, and twice now both tires have lost 10 lbs of pressure each since I
> filled them up with air.

  Try the bubble test. If the leak is in the cracks, not easy to
fix. Anywhere else, a good tire shop can fix. I had a lot of problem
getting the tires to seat on my Rostyle beads, probably from
accumulated crap.

  Driving a car on cracked sidewalls is one of those things that
everybody says is very bad, but everybody does anyways. Judge
your own chances.

> Also, one of the front tires appears to toed in a bit. The car tracks fine,
> but it's clearly at a slight angle. I think a simple alignment job will do
> the trick. Also, my steering wheel is way off center while driving straight.
> I find this annoying and cosmetically unpleasant for one, but more
> importantly, I can't get a read of my tach when I'm driving in a straight
> line.

  ...and probably also your signals don't cancel right!

  An alignment can fix both. Opening the tie rods allows
adjustment of both, same operation.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca