What are these wires?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: What are these wires?
From: "Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." <pauld@ekpc.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 09:12:13 EST5EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
List,

I've made huge strides with my electrical system and I'm almost
there.  I got the hazzard system from a late model Midget to work
in my '66 Sprite with the help of Gerard.  A few on the List thought
this was an awful job and some said an additional switch is
needed.  This is not the case and if anyone is interested, you can
email me off-List.

Other work includes a boot light, a second fuse box, cig lighter,
radio/cd and speaker cable run to the boot.  I also recovered my
console.  Digital pictures available of work in progress, if interested.

Question:  I found two black wires behind the dash that I have no
idea what they are for.  They are terminated in bullet connectors on
one end, and connected to either side of the knob housing that
controls the heater's damper position via a pull cable on the other
end.  Currently, they are not hooked up to anything - the bullet
ends are hanging around under the dash.  Using the continuity
mode on a volt meter I found that they are not electrically
connected together.  Additionally, I found that they are not
connected to ground.  What gives?

Thanks,
Paul

Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D.