Re: Spridgets in SoCal

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spridgets in SoCal
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 04:09:39 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Mark,

We do not know the answer to your question either but having lived in the
area for a number of years here are some thoughts.  Those folks into sports
cars that drive more than say five freeway miles a day are using the current
generation of cars, Mazda, Porsche, M-B that can easily do 80 mph for daily
drivers.   San Diego's population, although higher than Portland, is spread
out over a larger area.  As you know 40 miles will get you maybe 2/3 of the
way across the greater San Diego area.  Two, three or more cars per household
is not uncommon so there may be a tendency to drive the vehicle most
accommodating to the task as opposed to the one that is the most fun.  Or put
another way save the fun vehicle for fun drives.  Anyway welcome to the area.
 There are LBC's out there.  We just had about 400 local British cars at last
weekends British Car Day.  There is an active MG Club, as well as our
Austin-Healey Club.  We would welcome you or we can refer you to someone in
the MG club, if you are intrested.  Healey meeting is 10/13/99 at 6:30 p.m.
at Boll Weevil, 9330 Clairmont Mesa Blvd and Ruffin Road.  Thomas Bros 1249-E1

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (in boxes) (Trevor ?)
Judson Supercharger (in boxes)
1973 Ford Van
1988 Ford Festiva
1991 Lazy Daze Motor Home

<< Having used my 1970 Midget as a daily driver for a 40-mile commute into
Portland, Maine, for several years, I am surprised to find very few
Spridgets on the road in my new location, San Diego. The only reason for
this that I can figure is safety. I wouldn't want to go up against a Ford
Valdez in a Midget. So is that it? >>