Re: Intsrument Panel

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@htcomp.net>, Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Intsrument Panel
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 10:50:12 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Brad,

What year is your car? The dash cone for tye MKI-MKII is the filler piece
between the dash and the steering wheel. Also (originally) contains the
contact to make the horn work. i knew a guy in Oregon who was making
reproduction dashboards, out of aluminum I think, but he never replied to
my inquiry several months ago. Don't know how much. let me know if you want
to take a stab at contacting him and I'll get you his email. Like the
fiberglass, comes without holes.

Gerard

At 5:24 AM -0500 10/10/99, Brad Fornal wrote:
>Robert, thank you for the web address but it doesn't seem to have any
>instrument panels for sale on it. Gerard, I recall the list recomending
>cutting the middle of the dash out and flipping it then welding it back in. I
>am going to sell my '65 because it needs welding and that is a area of which
>I have no talent and certainly not enough cash to have the parts installed. I
>may have no other choice, but I am hoping to find someone that is willing to
>part with a RHD panel. I noticed on the AHspares site that they sell the
>column cone for RHD & LHD as seperate items? Isn't the turn indicator switch
>on the dash not on a stalk? What would be the reason for a different cone, oh
>lucky owners of a early Sprite.     Brad
>
>Robert Duquette wrote:
>
>> Try here:
>> http://www.ahspares.co.uk/
>>
>> Robert D.