Tach-Cal

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Tach-Cal
From: BCAH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 06:25:10 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I the past, I have used my optical tach to measure RPM and check tach
accuracy. This is a unit I bought from the Radio controlled model airplane
shop.In  R/C  model flying, it is held in front of the propeller and the
light pulses cause it to read prop RPM. On my sprite, I just paint  two white
marks  on a pulley and read engine speed. This is a well and good when  the
tach is in the car, but what I need is something that will check a tach on
the bench. Anyone out there able to design a "pulse gererator" of sorts from
Radio Shack parts I could build as a winter project?      Bob C