Re: Jet Hot

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Jet Hot
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 23:32:42 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mike Gigante wrote:

> Garry, perhaps you have experience with the coatings offered for
> internal engine components (combustion chamber, pistons, valves etc).
>
> I discussed these coatings with one of the main race engine builders here.
> It
> seems like a great idea to reduce the thermal transfer from combustion
> chamber to engine castings.
>
> However, he reported that engines coated thus showed a net HP loss.
>
> is this consistent with what you, or others have seen?
>
> I have Jet-Hot coated headers. Nice, but no noticeable improvement to
> performance.
>
> Mike

My take on Jet-Hot coating was that they do not allow the heat from the
headers to radiate outwards as freely, thus lowering the engine bay
temperature. This in return allows the car to breathe cooler,denser air,
thus burning more efficiently, with more possible HP as the result. Am I
wrong on this? I have never used it before, but was planning on using it
on the Late Model Stock car this next season.

Thanx Mark Snowdon, Greensboro NC