Re: Fastest MG(long & more bville thoughts)

To: "Nevard, Chris" <Chris.Nevard@bskyb.com>, "'Daniel1312@aol.com'" <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fastest MG(long & more bville thoughts)
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 06:19:11 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Yep that's it..... Amazing little creature...

Donald Healey's first 100 Stream liner looked just like an extended Healey
and was a very beautiful car.... then he decided that he wanted to go
faster and he lost the Pretty and went with rougher looking but a very
aerodynamic car and it went 203mph and it was supercharged....

My Personal goal up front was to create another car like the 54 streamliner
and just show it off.... Then as the whole thing fermented I didn't think I
could stand to have a race car that didn't work...

When I started Looking into what it took to Run a 3000 motor even Turbo'ed
or blown.... it was just to hard to build enough horsepower to go that fast
on today's records.... because having an unsuccessful race car is worse
then having show car.....

Then you take my experience with Small block Chevrolet's and throw it into
the fray.... and you have me going to Bonneville last year and buying this
damn Camaro.... and learning how to race...for the last year.... Now I am
infatuated with the Two Hunderd MPH club there at Bonneville...

I  know men who have spent a quarter of a Million dollars and still aren't
in the two club..... Trust me this isn't my intent.... but if I have to
spend my lifes work to do this then so be it..... and I want to do it in a
Healey.... but I have to have the systems in place and that is what the
Camaro is doing for me... it's teaching me how to go about this...

The Goal for the Bugeye Land Speed Racer is actually going to be a little
Higher then I originally intended.... With the Horsepower that I am going
to build into the car it might even be the First Healey to top 300mph ....
but this is a life Project.... not something that is going to happen in a
year or two.... Right now I have to be patient and learn how to Race....

I sat on a Block wall in a Parking Garage in Saudi Arabia with my Best
friend and racing Partner waiting to go into Iraq during the gulf war...
and Brad and I were shooting the Breeze and I laughed at him when he said
maybe someday we could even build and design a car that would go 3
hundred.... well today I think we actually have the ability and talent to
get that done....

Keith Turk...( living your dreams beats the Poo Poo out of talking about
it)
spridgets@autox.team.net