RE: Update on Wheel lugs and MC.

To: <Lancer7676@aol.com>, <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Update on Wheel lugs and MC.
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 18:47:51 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
David,

When pads and shoes wear, the pistons are pushed out farther than with new
pads.  This means more fluid is "stored" in the caliper/cylinder.  (farther
out, more volume)  If you "lost" fluid, and can't find a leak, it may just
be the normal fluid "loss" of worn pads/shoes.  I didn't catch your initial
post, but if the loss isn't real significant (some fluid left in the
reserve) and you haven't checked it in a while, my guess is it isn't a leak
at all.

Bill