Re: Question on engine swap

To: Metallian6@aol.com
Subject: Re: Question on engine swap
From: Brad Fornal <toyman@htcomp.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 06:37:11 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Let me see if I get this correct, ( if I don't the group will let you know) If
the
1500 will fit into the car you will not need to change anything as the engine is
the Main item that is wired for ground (pos or neg) BUT use the 62 generator,
you
need to spark the generator for neg ground. To do this put the battery on as a
pos
ground system and start the car (it will work, as long as the 1500 gets
electricity it shouldn't care) you will need to use your cable driven tach that
came in the car and that will eliminate the need to rewire the tach. You need to
switch the battery leads to the set up that you want with the car running and
then
spark the generator, HELP ME OUT HERE LISTERS !!!!  I went to a alternator on
mine
so I am not sure where or how you spark the genny???  Anyway, once the generator
has been sparked for the new ground you are done, pretty simple for you since
the
tach isn't a issue
and none of the other components seem to care if it's positive or negative
ground
from what I've seen on my 65. Hope that gives you the basics, the TRUE GURUS
will
tell you how to spark the generator but I hope this helps         Brad