Re: BMC manual(s)

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "spidgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BMC manual(s)
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 09:13:30 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Interesting, the factory workshop manual and owners manual for the 78
Midget is a kinda pukish lime green. As I recall the same books for the
76 wore purple covers. The shop manuals are bound paperback books, 'bout
the same size as the Haynes manual.

Larry

>Biff Jones wrote:
>> I guess my question is; is the green vice blue signify
>> anything???  Was the blue for Sprites only and the green for
>> Sprites/Midgets?
>
>Biff
>
>My Sprite II/Midget I BMC parts book is blue.
>I know some service manuals were different.
>On the A40 both are blue vinyl covered with loose leafs, the
>sprite/midget book is blue hard paper with loose leafs.
>And then there is my BL manual on Sprite 3 and 4 and Midget 2 and 3, it
>is white and the pages are bound to the cover.
>And lets not confuse that one with my BMC/BL Blue vinyl loose leaf book
>on Sprite II, III, IV and Midget I, II, & III!
>3 spridget books, 3 different colors
>2 A40 books the same color.
>I have seen the earlier A40 book and it is green.
>Now lets look at my BMC Mini books... Blue for parts, red for workshop
>manual.
>And I have a black Bentley manual for Spridgets special tuning. All
>others were red I believe.
>I think they had different colors for differerent publications to make
>them easier for the counter guys to find. At least that's my guess.
>
>You are correct in thinking most were blue. I never gave it much thought
>until you brought it up.
>

>--
> Frank
> Drive it or give it to somebody that will
> http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut/

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.